For independent, accurate information on speeding, red light running, automated enforcement, and traffic laws, we suggest the following sources:
- Federal Highway Administration, www.fhwa.dot.gov. Provides a plethora of statistics on speeding and red light running.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, www.iihs.org. Provides information on the efficacy of automated enforcement, statistics on highway safety, a review of the law regarding automated enforcement, and much more.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Report on Speed Camera Effectiveness.
- The Campaign to Stop Red Light Running, http://stopredlightrunning.com. (Note: this independent organization is NOT supported by Optotraffic or any of its competitors providing automated enforcement solutions).
- The Intelligent Transportation Society of America, www.itsa.org is an advocate for technologies that make transportation safer and more efficient.
- The Governors Highway Safety Association, www.ghsa.org brings together the best thinking from states and territories in the U.S. and Canada.
- The National Coalition for Safer Roads, www.saferoadssavelives.org focuses on red light safety cameras and their effectiveness.